PL-2000: Durable utility, pipe, and cable locator with three signal options.
SubSurface Instruments, Inc. PL-2000 Locator
Durable utility, pipe, and cable locator with three signal options.
The PL-2000 multifrequency pipe and cable locator is a very durable unit that is a work of art in its simplicity of use and sophistication of operation. It is unique in that it offers four modes: peak, null, distance and sonde. Plus, it's a workhorse, offering three active frequencies, two passive frequencies, four modes of operation and both inductive and direct connection capabilities. And all its components are housed in a well-protected, lightweight, and easy-to-use design.
|Size:||11.0 in x 9.5 in x 4.1 in (29.9 cm x 24.1 cm x 10.4 cm)
||5.5 lbs (2.5 kg)
||DC 12 volts (Eight (8) "D" size batteries or external 12v battery)
||≈ 20 Hours Typical(Alkaline)
≈ 8 Hours at Max Power
|Operating Temperature:||14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)
|Frequency:||26.725 kHz, 8.125 kHz, and 512 Hz
|Output Power:||0.5 watts Inductive mode
3.0 watts Direct mode
|Transmitting Mode:||Continuous Wave (non-modulating)
|Depth Accuracy:||Up to 16 Feet|
||5.2 in x 11.0 in x 24.0 in (13.2 cm x 27.9 cm x 61.0 cm)
||4.4 lbs (2.0 kg)
||DC 9 Volts (six (6) "AA" batteries)
||≈ 8 Hours Continuous (Alkaline)
||14° to 122° F (-10° to 50° C)
|Frequency Display:||26.725 kHz, 8.125 kHz or .512 Hz
"Radio" Mode: 15 kHz - 25 kHz
"Live Cable" Mode: 50/60 Hz AC
|Operating Modes:||"Peak", "Null", "Dist", and "Sonde"
|Sensitivity:||0 to 40|
- PL-2000 transmitter has 3.0 watts power output in the Direct Connection mode; allowing locates for much longer distances.
- The lightweight, balanced receiver offers four different operating modes "Peak" mode - for the most accurate locates and for depth measurement "Null" mode - for fast, easy tracking (also indicates "left" or "right") "Dist" mode - for even longer distances - up to 50 percent farther "Sonde" mode - for locating sewer Sondes and measuring their depths. Any 512 Hz/8 kHz will be detected.
- Three "active" frequencies at a nominal 0.5 kHz, 8 kHz and 27 kHz, plus two "passive" frequencies - the 50/60 power and radio passive
- Select the "Mix" mode at the transmitter and transmit all active frequencies simultaneously in the "Direct Connect" mode
- Detects and reports "poor ground" conductivity at the transmitter in Direct Connection
- Current measurement in the "Depth" function can verify you are tracing the correct line in congested utilities
- "Auto Off" functions in both the transmitter & receiver shut off their operations after a user defined time period of non-use
- Padded carrying case
- Optional Equipment for PL-2000 Direct Inductive Clamp - Induce signal directly onto target line through insulation, paint, etc. - up to 4" diameter Sonde (mini-transmitter) - 8 kHz - Flush, push, pull through non-metallic pipe - works with PL-2000 receiver. Traces through sewer pipe, water lines, etc. that are plastic, concrete, vinyl, clay, etc. Self-contained - On/Off toggle switch, indicator LED, lanyard attach loop & threaded to receive plumber's snake.