Ultrasonic welding is an important technology for joining dissimilar materials and thermoplastics for industrial applications. Choosing the correct equipment is essential for doing the job right.
Branson is a subsidiary of Emerson US, a company that continues to create value for both customers and shareholders. Ultrasonic technology originated at Branson more than 50 years ago, and the company remains an industry leader today. The company supports a wide range of production processes across several industries, including medical, electronics, automotive, and packaging industries.
Branson produces a wide array of products for numerous industries that depend on durability, high quality and cutting-edge technology. Rochester Industrial Services, Inc. can service products produced by Branson, including:
Possible Problems with Branson Products
No production process is perfect; Branson’s products experience a number of common problems, depending on the product. The difference is how Branson is ready to assist when problems occur. The most common issues are:
- Over welding
- Under welding
- Non-uniform welding around joints
- Internal parts welding
- Damaged internal components
- Misalignment of welded assembly
Rochester Industrial Services is able to provide repair services for an array of the ultrasonic products Branson produces. These are the solutions for each common problem:
- For over welding – Reduce pressure, speed, force, weld time, or energy; lower ratio booster; reduce amplitude percentage; use amplitude profiling; reduce down speed; lower gain horn; recalibrate distance.
- For under welding – Increase pressure, speed, force, weld time, or energy; higher ratio booster; higher gain horn; evaluate part fit; increase distance; dry parts.
- For non-uniform welding around joints – check dimensions and moldings; higher trigger pressure; test horn; shim fixture; improve support; add internal ribs; increase wall thickness.
- For internal parts welding – change material; lubricate internals; reposition internal parts.
- For damaged internal components – reduce amplitude; reduce pressure, speed, time, or energy; adjust trigger pressure.
- For marking – check fit; adjust for parallelism; level fixture; reduce interference or energy; check support; obtain new horn.
- For misalignment of welded assembly – add alignment feature; redesign fixture; shim fixture; tighten parts; reduce time, energy, or pressure.
Rochester Industrial Services, Inc. can help with any of these repairs as well as troubleshooting anything not on this list. RIS can offer the best repair options for each problem. Contact Us today for further assistance with your Branson welding products.