Dukane is a leader in ultrasonic thermoplastic welding, producing numerous high-quality products for industry. Manufacturers use Dukane’s products to produce goods in numerous industries, including the fabric and food industries.
Dukane focuses on continuously improving and updating their products to ensure customer satisfaction. After 97 years in business, Dukane continues to strive to put its customers first and produce high-quality products.
Dukane’s broad-scale production allows for a wide range of production, integrating ultrasonic welding technology for use across several industries. Rochester Industrial Services, Inc. can fully service products produced by Dukane, including:
Dukane strives for the upmost in customer satisfaction, but as with any technology, sometimes concerns arise that must be addressed, such as:
- Seeing a Flash
- Misalignment of the welded assembly
- Damage to internal components during welding
- Welding together of internal components
While the above issues are known to happen to welding products, they have simple explanations and solutions:
- Seeing a flash – Reduce the size of the energy director, reduce interference, reduce weld parameter, reduce amplitude percentage, reduce trigger force, and increase part to part spacing.
- Misalignment of the welded assembly – Add alignment, redesign fixture, add ribs or gussets, re-dimension parts, and tighten part tolerance.
- Damage to internal components during welding – Radius sharp corners, reduce amplitude, decrease primary weld parameter, and ensure correct molding conditions.
- Welding together of internal components – Be sure components are made of dissimilar resin, lubricate parts, and use higher frequency system.
- Diaphragming – Reduce amplitude, reduce primary weld parameter, change gate placement, and check for proper horn to part fit.
The solutions outlined above should work in most cases. However, if they fail to resolve the issue, or if other problems arise, contact Rochester Industrial Services, Inc. for further repair assistance.